My clients had some left over wallpaper we had installed in their master bedroom. Not enough to do another wall but just enough to the back of this bookcases. This gives the bookcases a layers and interesting look. Things to keep in mind when using wallpaper in the back of a bookcases;
1. Make sure to center the pattern in the back. 2. The colour and design of the wallpaper coordinates with the room. 3. And the pattern is a good size and not too big so you can see it all…happy decorating.
We all have a piece of furniture that could use a makeover, but when do we know it deserves to be reupholstered or not. I usually ask clients a few questions to see if the piece of furniture is worth the makeover.
1. How long have you had the furniture? 2. What did you pay for the furniture when you purchased it? And 3. Is it comfortable? The other important fact is how much will it cost for fabric and labour and in my design advice if the work is half or less than what you paid for it in the first place then go for it and do the work. Better to reuse than buy again.
This wallpaper by Farrow & Ball is one of my favorites, it combines both feminine and masculine feeling. It’s a large enough pattern that it could easily be used on one wall with coordinating paint on the other walls or what the heck lets use it all over, its beautiful…. “Aspire to Beautiful Living”
I’m an Interior Decorator and love blogging my ideas. I love to know what you would like to see on my BLOG, send me a note above “Leave a Comment” or email me at email@example.com and I will post anything about Interior Decorating or Design. “Aspire to Beautiful Living” Looking forward to helping you!
So many times when I’m consulting with clients about paint colour they want a neutral and bright colours around their home. However, if anyone knows me I’m a decorator who loves colour and contracts and If I can get clients to do one room with colour it’s usually the powder room. And always they love it!
See this picture of a powder room of done with Farrow & Ball Hague Blue. Give it a try, Happy Decorating!
This is an example of a well decorated mantel. Here are 3 easy steps to make your mantel look amazing…
1. Start with a large decorative mirror.
2. Anchor with 2 large vases which gives it symmetry and balance.
3. Select 3 smaller pieces from your home to place at the bottom.